Posted to rec.food.cooking
Giusi Giusi is offline

Default I know how to deal with the expense of batteries for electric cars

"Ed Pawlowski" ha scritto nel messaggio
> "Bobo Bonobo®" wrote in message

>> The biggest obstacle to affordability of cars like the Volt is the>> cost
>> of LiIon batteries. Well, why not make a version that has only>> enough
>> battery capacity to go 10 miles on a charge?

> Buy the 40 mile car and it a couple of years it will probably turn into a
> > 10 mile car anyway.

> What is going to happen when all those batteries start hitting the junk
> yards?

What will be any worse than the exhaust fumes of millions of cars we have
now and the batteries that are in them now? Part of the design must be how
to recycle what's in them. Just as it should have been for all the other
crap we are sticking in landfills.
I remember seeing film of people laughing at the VW when it first hit the
US. People will not only buy well-designed new ideas, they'll end up loving
it. The US just has to get public transport back and use it. Russia and
China are huge, too, but they don't try to drive from one end to the other
in a private car.