Posted to alt.food.diabetic
W. Baker W. Baker is offline

Default Need suggestions for healthy food bars for travel

MaryL -out-the-litter> wrote:

: "Julie Bove" > wrote in message
: ...
: >

: Thanks for the suggestions, Julie. My reference to low carbe really was a
: little vague, and also inaccurate. I try to avoid all the "white stuff"
: (flour, potatoes, refined sugar, etc.), but I eat lots of fresh fruit,
: veggies, etc. So the GoRaw pumpkin seed bars sounds interesting. I'll go
: online and see if I can find a source for them. Everything I have seen so
: far has cane syrup and/or honey for sweetening. I would rather have just
: the fruit as flavoring. I do plan to take quite a few nuts, and I am going
: to put a small jar of peanut butter in my checked luggage. I think the
: problem with liquids or "soft" products like peanut butter is limited on
: carryon luggage, but I'm going to look into that. I think preserved meats
: may be on the "unacceptable" list when entering another country, but I have
: to verify all that. Fortunately, Greece should be a great place to buy the
: type of food I want once I get there, so I'm primarily thinking about the
: long airplane ride both ways, a lot of travel by bus, and supplies if we
: don't stop frequently enough for the way I eat. I learned a long time ago
: that I should have a small snack mid-morning and mid-afternoon to keep my
: sugar stable.

: MaryL

I find that of all the dried fruits, dried apricots work pretty well for
me as a snack, etc. I can et UP TO 4 without spiking in teh afternoon.
they can, in no way, be considered as a liqquid:-)

Wendy