Posted to rec.food.cooking
GS[_2_] GS[_2_] is offline

Default pork roast left out overnight

We got in late from a trip to the city last night, and after unpacking
all our groceries a large boneless pork roast was left out to be put in
the freezer. This morning we noticed that it had been left out overnight
sitting on the counter. The house thermostat is turned down overnight,
and temps drop to about 16-17C, so the roast sat out on the counter for
about 12 hours. I put it in the freezer right away and I tend to think
its ok, since I am a hunter I usually hang meat for many days before
freezing, and I can't see how sitting overnight would harm it. My wife
however, is insisting we throw it out and not take chances.

The meat was still cool to the touch when I put it in the freezer, I
think its ok, what do the readers of this board think?

TIA