Posted to alt.food.diabetic
krom krom is offline

Default Mushrooms for thickener

Since im frying them in a skillet with fat they dont need to be the same
texture as if were eating in salad.

They last me about a week in the fridge in a lock-n-lock container (love
those).

I am sure the fresh onion and garlic preserve them somewhat since i am
slicing the shrooms with the onion and garlic and keeping together in same
container.

As far as fresh mushrooms unsliced it is hard to keep them for more then a
couple days..which is why i went to the sliced/onion/garlic method.

I have heard keeping them in a paper bag is good wrapped in paper towel.

If i recall you cant keep potato or bannana near them or they go bad faster
or some such..might be wrong.

KROM

"MaryL" -OUT-THE-LITTER> wrote