Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Mark G7#9 Mark G7#9 is offline

Default Alternate rib WSM recipies plz

On Mar 23, 9:51*pm, Pierre > wrote:
> On Mar 23, 9:36*am, "Mark G7#9" > wrote:
>
> > I've been doing ribs the "WSM Professor" way for 5 years now and just
> > want to try something a bit different. My only complaint is that
> > currently the ribs (I use Costco mostly) come out a bit dry, even
> > though I use the full water pan and do the cranberry/oil misting as
> > Professor suggests. Can someone post a link to some alternatives if
> > you have time?

> > Thanks
> > Mark G.
> > Wayne, NJ

> Mark:
> For some added moistness, you might try the 3-2-1 method which is
> popular on the competition circuit.
>
> 3 hours in the cooker at about 225°, 2 hours wrapped in foil in the
> cooker, and 1 hour unwrapped in the cooker; apply your glaze about 15
> minutes before removing them from your WSM. *I did 3 slabs on Saturday
> as described (sans WSM). *Aside from a bit of juice accumulating in
> the foil after the 2 hour stage (fire was probably on the high side;
> I'll adjust for a lower pit temperature next weekend) , they came out
> juicy, smoky and tender.
>
> Pierre

Thanks guys to all the good advice! I do use babyback cryovacs from
Costco, not the spares. I'll try those now. The
"Professor" ( www.wiviott.com) has great tips on his site but he is
like a Soup Nazi if you ask him about alternate cooking methods. I
asked him once if sand was better in the drip pan instead of water and
he was like: " ..hey idiot, can you READ the instructions on the site.
Just follow them EXACTLY!"