Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default use of filtered water in cooking and home

"Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig" > wrote in message
On Mar 20, 2:19 am, "phil..c" > wrote:
> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
> water at home/office/work.
>
> And if so how many use it in cooking ?
>
> For discussion

=======================
I'm spoiled. I grew up (Bismarck) with distilled water (distiller in
the kitchen). Used for all water for beverages and cooking. Fargo
water is reverse osmosis and is wonderful. It tests purer than the
federal standards for bottled water.
Lynn in Fargo

Yes, significantly purer than bottled water, and RO water costs about 5¢ a
gallon. Bottled water is essentially ordinary tap water (from someone elses
tap is all), and costs a lot more than a nickle a gallon. Bottled water
typically costs more than petrol. Buying bottled water is really quite
inane... it costs way too much, and producing those plastic jugs,
transporting them, and their disposal pollutes the entire planet. I can see
bottled water in places where tap water is not potable, but everytime I see
someone in the US sucking bottled water I think there goes another pointy
headed imbecile whose college tuition was totally wasted.