Posted to rec.food.cooking
TFM®[_2_] TFM®[_2_] is offline

Default use of filtered water in cooking and home

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
> On Mar 20, 12:00 pm, Janet Wilder > wrote:
>> phil..c wrote:
>> > Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for
>> > their
>> > water at home/office/work.

>> > And if so how many use it in cooking ?

>> > For discussion

>> I have a reverse osmosis system under the kitchen sink. It has a spigot
>> thing on the sink and we use that water for drinking and cooking. It is
>> also hooked to the water line for the ice maker and water dispenser on
>> the fridge.
>>
>> We rent the system from Culligan. They service it, including changing
>> the filters. It costs $45 for 2 months and is about what we were paying
>> for bottles water. Our regular tap water tastes terrible.
>>
>> --
>> Janet Wilder
>> way-the-heck-south Texas
>> spelling doesn't count
>> but cooking does

> One of the best tasting tap waters is in Texarkana.

I remember water tasting great when I was growing up in Utah. It was also
pretty good in Tennessee. Maui water was quite good from the tap.
A lot of people say New York pizza is superior because of their wonderful
water, but Shelly shot that one in the ass.

TFM®