Posted to rec.food.cooking
TFM®[_2_] TFM®[_2_] is offline

Default use of filtered water in cooking and home

"Bobo Bonobo®" > wrote in message
> On Mar 20, 3:19 am, "phil..c" > wrote:
>> Just wondering how many use any filter jugs or in line filters for their
>> water at home/office/work.
>>
>> And if so how many use it in cooking ?
>>
>> For discussion

> Luckily, St. Louis water is fine right from the tap. We lived in
> Tampa Bay when my wife was in grad school. There, I'd never drink
> unfiltered tap water. I assumed that only really poor people would
> drink it. It was even nasty to shower in.

My tap water is drinkable if you're really thirsty. I vastly prefer
filtered. It varies on a daily basis from smelling like sulfur to smelling
like too much chlorine.
A guy from the city came and tested it once. He said that it was perfectly
safe for drinking, but you wouldn't want it in your pool. Strange.

Unfiltered well water will turn your toilet and shower red here. I have
city water thankfully.

TFM®