Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_15_] Andy[_15_] is offline

Default Deadly spider in Whole Foods

David Harmon said...

> On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 16:26:52 GMT in rec.food.cooking, notbob
> > wrote,
>>On 2009-03-19, modom (palindrome guy) > wrote:
>>> The world's deadliest spider found in a Tulsa grocery store. An
>>> employee at Whole Foods Market.....

>>Like I needed one more excuse to not shop at Whole Paycheck. No doubt it
>>was an "organic" spider.

> Seems to me that calls for a good shot of insecticide.

I was bitten by a black widow on the way to work on a Los Angeles public
bus! It crawled onto my hand that I had resting on the window sill. I saw
it on my hand and shook it off but it stuck (biting me). The second shake
got rid of it. I didn't see where it landed so it might've gone on to bite
others.

About 30 minutes later at work I was dizzy'd and dry heaving to death. Kept
me in bed for four days straight. As long as I didn't move all was fine but
so much as move a finger and the whole world spun around and around. I
crawled in agony just to get to the bathroom.

Luckily I was in the prime of life or I might've died.

I wasn't 100% recovered for two weeks.

Andy