Posted to rec.food.historic
Jack Campin - bogus address Jack Campin - bogus address is offline

Default specially for St Patricks Day

Coffee Spaghetti Savoury

Sufficient for about 18 patty pans.

For Pastry:
1/2 lb plain flour
4 ozs margarine
2 ozs chopped cheese
1 yolk of egg
Seasoning
Water

Rub margarine into flour, add cheese and seasoning.
Mix with egg and water, keeping as dry as possible.
Line patty pans with pastry.

For Mixtu
1 oz cooked spaghetti
1 oz chopped Cheddar cheese
3 measures coffee crystals
1 yolk of egg
1/2 teacupful of sugar
1/2 teacupful of warm milk
Seasoning

Dissolve the coffee crystals in half teacup of warm milk.
Cook spaghetti in salted boiling water for twenty minutes.
Drain.
Add cheese, seasoning and coffee.
Fill lines patty pans and bake in s modrate oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
Sprinkle with chopped cheese.

[No I did NOT make that up. It's from "A Legion of Recipes", The
Royal British Legion Women's Section, Northern Ireland Area, no
date but possibly 1996 from an inscription in my copy]