Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Uses for shallots

"krom" > wrote in message
> yum!
>
> i had a sams club mebership..never used it nuff to justify the cost.

I've never been to Sam's Club. Never lived near one. Was a member of a
similar place that was next door to the K Mart where I used to work. They
offered free memberships for certain circumstances. In my case, the credit
union I belong to was enough to get me the free membership. I was single at
the time and rarely was able to shop there because I couldn't use things in
that large of a quantity. Did spend a lot the first time I went there on
Christmas presents, but they never had stuff like that again. They were
only open for a couple of years. They were good when I needed to make food
for a potluck at work. I used to buy olives for pasta salad there for
cheap! Had I had to pay for a membership, I wouldn't have bothered.

I put off getting a Costco membership for years. Now I go there at least
twice a month. I get most of my paper products there. Have to buy one ply
tissue for one of my toilets so can't get that there. Other things I get on
a regular basis are sliced apples, baby carrots, celery, potatoes, peppers,
mushrooms, lunch meat, chicken breasts, ground beef, cheese, hummus,
toothpaste and other toiletries, some canned goods, nuts and other snacks,
bottled water and juice. Quite a bit of what they sell does come in
quantities more than what we can reasonably use. And we don't have a lot of
storage space. But just buying those things really does save me a lot of
money and I have to buy a lot less at the regular grocery stores.