Posted to rec.food.cooking
Arri London Arri London is offline

Default Food Street Names

Sqwertz wrote:

> Arri London > wrote:
>
> > LOL In London:
> > Bread Str
> > Milk Str
> > Cornhill
> > Poultry
> > Pear Str
> > Garlick Hill
> > Pickle Herring Str
> > Rum Close
> > Cinnamon Str
> > Wine Office Ct
> > Haunch of Venison Yd
> > Swan Lane
> > Tench Str
> > Saffron Hill
> >
> > There's plenty more but those I know about. Most of those are in the
> > oldest parts of London and indicate what was traded there in the past.

> A very good list, and they have history and meaning as well.
> (though I'm pretty damn sure there's a Hershey Hwy in North
> Hollywood).
>
> -sw

Probably any old trading centre would have a similar list. Desperately
tried to find a job in one of the buildings in Pickle Herring Street

Forgot to mention there is an office building in the City (which is the
oldest part of London) 'affectionately' named 'The Gherkin'. Pic he
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_St_Mary_Axe
That sucker is visible from just about everywhere LOL.