Old 15-03-2009, 01:00 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
Arri London Arri London is offline

Default Food Street Names

Sqwertz wrote:

Arri London wrote:

LOL In London:
Bread Str
Milk Str
Cornhill
Poultry
Pear Str
Garlick Hill
Pickle Herring Str
Rum Close
Cinnamon Str
Wine Office Ct
Haunch of Venison Yd
Swan Lane
Tench Str
Saffron Hill

There's plenty more but those I know about. Most of those are in the
oldest parts of London and indicate what was traded there in the past.

A very good list, and they have history and meaning as well.
(though I'm pretty damn sure there's a Hershey Hwy in North
Hollywood).

-sw

Probably any old trading centre would have a similar list. Desperately
tried to find a job in one of the buildings in Pickle Herring Street

Forgot to mention there is an office building in the City (which is the
oldest part of London) 'affectionately' named 'The Gherkin'. Pic he
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/30_St_Mary_Axe
That sucker is visible from just about everywhere LOL.