Old 14-03-2009, 03:39 PM posted to rec.food.cooking
sf[_9_] sf[_9_] is offline

Default pizza baking strategy

On Sat, 14 Mar 2009 07:00:08 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Yeah - I've tried to think it thru. I can see myself having to jump
up and down to eat, get that other pie in the oven (and I use a two
stage baking method too.)

I guess it can't be helped. I COULD load on so much in the way of
toppings that no one would want more than a slice or two. I could
always slice it into ten rather than eight. I could load 'em up on
salad and some minestrone beforehand.

Thanks for the thoughts. I KNOW in my heart that going from stone
baked to pan would---well-- NOT be good.

Why don't you get a larger "stone" or line your oven shelf with
unglazed quarry tiles? I prefer tiles myself. They even take on a
glossy black "nonstick" quality after enough uses, provided you don't
break them first.

Mae West