Posted to rec.food.cooking
[email protected] tweeny90655@mypacks.net is offline

Default pizza baking strategy

On Mar 13, 9:52*pm, "Theron" > wrote:
> "Melba's Jammin'" > wrote in message

> > In article
> > >,
> > wrote:

> >> I normally make a 12 inch round pie and bake it on my round stone.
> >> I'd like to make a large pizza for company and thought I might use a
> >> 13 inch pan and make an oblong pie. *Since the dough won't be going
> >> directly onto that stone, what adjustments should I make in time and
> >> temperature? *Any other suggestions for avoiding *a soggy bottom?

> >> Thanks.

> > This isn't what you want to hear and it doesn't answer your t&t
> > question, but I'd bake two smaller pizzas rather than one big one. *You
> > can make a couple different kinds and be eating one while the other
> > bakes. *Cut smaller pieces if you have to in order to make a piece
> > available to everyone on the first pass. *JMO.
> > --
> > -Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
> >http://web.me.com/barbschaller
> > "What you say about someone else says more
> > about you than it does about the other person."

> I agree. If you're used to a stone, a pan will change everything. As Barb
> says, make two.
>
> Ed.

Yeah - I've tried to think it thru. I can see myself having to jump
up and down to eat, get that other pie in the oven (and I use a two
stage baking method too.)

I guess it can't be helped. I COULD load on so much in the way of
toppings that no one would want more than a slice or two. I could
always slice it into ten rather than eight. I could load 'em up on
salad and some minestrone beforehand.

Thanks for the thoughts. I KNOW in my heart that going from stone
baked to pan would---well-- NOT be good.