Old 14-03-2009, 01:52 AM posted to rec.food.cooking
theron theron is offline

Default pizza baking strategy

"Melba's Jammin'" wrote in message
In article
,
wrote:

I normally make a 12 inch round pie and bake it on my round stone.
I'd like to make a large pizza for company and thought I might use a
13 inch pan and make an oblong pie. Since the dough won't be going
directly onto that stone, what adjustments should I make in time and
temperature? Any other suggestions for avoiding a soggy bottom?

Thanks.

This isn't what you want to hear and it doesn't answer your t&t
question, but I'd bake two smaller pizzas rather than one big one. You
can make a couple different kinds and be eating one while the other
bakes. Cut smaller pieces if you have to in order to make a piece
available to everyone on the first pass. JMO.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller

I agree. If you're used to a stone, a pan will change everything. As Barb
says, make two.

Ed.