Posted to rec.food.cooking
Melba's Jammin' Melba's Jammin' is offline

Default pizza baking strategy

In article
wrote:

> I normally make a 12 inch round pie and bake it on my round stone.
> I'd like to make a large pizza for company and thought I might use a
> 13 inch pan and make an oblong pie. Since the dough won't be going
> directly onto that stone, what adjustments should I make in time and
> temperature? Any other suggestions for avoiding a soggy bottom?
>
> Thanks.

This isn't what you want to hear and it doesn't answer your t&t
question, but I'd bake two smaller pizzas rather than one big one. You
can make a couple different kinds and be eating one while the other
bakes. Cut smaller pieces if you have to in order to make a piece
available to everyone on the first pass. JMO.
--
-Barb, Mother Superior, HOSSSPoJ
http://web.me.com/barbschaller