Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Julie Bove Julie Bove is offline

Default Dairy Queen

Angela and I decided to try eating there tonight for a cheap and quick
dinner. I checked the nutritional information ahead of time, but when I got
there, discovered that the location we went to didn't have all that was
shown on the website. We got plain large hamburger patties (hers had
cheese), regular fries and side salads with no dressing. I had a diet
Pepsi (yuck!) and she had a vanilla shake. They did have bottled water.

The burger patties and fries were good, for burger patties and fries (never
a favorite of mine). The salads looked fine but I thought mine had an odd
taste to it. Familiar, but odd. After a few bites, I realized that it
tasted like bananas! I would presume they would use bagged salad, but maybe
not. It was a mix of lettuce, purple cabbage and shredded carrot. Neither
of us finished our salads. They did offer a salad with grilled chicken but
that's really not appealing to me at all. I tried to eat such a salad once
at McDonald's but I like my salad greens to be crisp and I found that the
chicken breast caused them to wilt and become warm.

At any rate, this meal didn't spike me and it was quick. Quick was the
important part today. We had errands to run and didn't have much time for
dinner. Angela has been late for tap class the past several weeks by the
time we ran the errands and then I got home to make dinner.

We do not have fast food very often. But it is nice to know that there is
another option out there when we are out and do need a quick meal.