Posted to rec.food.cooking
Hugh Hugh is offline

Default Breadmaker yeast

"notbob" > wrote in message
> Go one of mom's breadmakers out (unused) and want to make bread. Scratch
> recipe from manual stipulates "bread machine yeast". I have only
> Fleischmann's active dry yeast (fresh). Does it really matter if it's not
> bread machine yeast? Thnx.
>
> nb

Use instant yeast. Buy it at costco in 500 gm bags, freeze it and use as
necessary. Allows all the flexibility you need; use less for a starter or a
biga, a big more for emergency pizza, etc. You don't have to waste one of
those little packages. It freezes very well. Mine has been in the freezer
for a year and works exactly as when purchased. Don't worry about "so called
bread machine yeast".

Hugh