Old 10-03-2009, 12:51 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
jmreiter jmreiter is offline

Default Elderberry Goo Residue Removel Help

There is a product called 'Goo Gone', and it works wonders on the "white,
latex-based glue-from-he**" used to affix wine labels. It might help your
situation. It's a citrus based cleanser. Look for it at your local 'big-box'
home improvement center or check your local grocery store. I've never made
elderberry wine, so I can't say that I've experience. But also understand
that the Goo-Gone also has petroleum-based products in it, so you will also
have to use a plain detergent afterwards. Yuk.
Joanne

"Mike" wrote in message ...

"Andie Z" wrote in message
We have been making elderberry wine for years. This year we made another
12 gallons. The big problem we have is cleaning up. During and after
primary fermentation we end up with a non-soluble goo. We still haven't
discovered a way to wash it off our stirrer, our primary, or anything
else. Does anyone have a sure fire way of getting it off stuff. My 90
year old mother is the wine master and she has it on her finger nails.

Help!

Andie Z

There is a really simple and magical something that does it which I can't
remember at the moment. This question comes up every now and then so stay
tuned for a solution from a guru for your goo.

Mike