Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jacquie Jacquie is offline

Default Bacon Chicken

"Julie Bove" > wrote in message

> "Evelyn" > wrote in message
>
>> Yesterday on "The Doctors" they debunked the hot peppers/GERD myth.
>> They said that you can eat all the hot stuff you want and it doesn't make
>> it worse. They explained that there are two separate issues involved.
>> A weak muscle at the opening of the stomach, and/or Helicobacter Pylori
>> bacteria infection of the stomach. Both are treatable. They said that
>> hot food doesn't make either one any worse.

> I always joked that I had a cast iron stomach because I eat a lot of
> peppers (maybe only medium hot) and onions and they don't bother me. So I
> was shocked to learn that I had GERD and Barrett's Esophagus. I can not
> eat so much as a bite of chocolate though. That really bothers me. So
> does garlic in any form, but it gives me stomach pains. Not GERD.
>
> My mom and my friend can not have any peppers or onions though. Not even
> sweet peppers. Both say they get terrible heartburn from them. AFAIK,
> neither have an ulcer.

It's a funny thing about Bell Peppers and me. I can't eat them raw....can
eat them in cooked dishes...except Pizza....must be the combo of the peppers
and certain spices on pizza. The reason they gave me an upper GI is because
I told my Dr my pills always seemed to get stuck...the upper GI showed the
Hiatal Hernia and right away they put me on anti acid meds...I never get
heartburn. In the mornings my stomach hurts..but it doesn't feel like acid
reflux...just hunger pains. They said the acid pills were because with a
Hiatal Hernia it is easier for stomach acid to get to the esophagus. I can
eat any onions raw or cooked. I can't eat allot of fried foods though.....I
have to be careful with chocolate too...I can eat a little at a time but not
to much. I don't "DO" hot Peppers....I want to taste my food without a
burning tongue. I can handle a little spice..I like a few sprinkles of
pepper seeds on my pizza...not to much though. Bread stuffing with to much
poultry seasoning gives me heartburn big time...good thing I don't eat it
anymore