Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Jacquie Jacquie is offline

Default Bacon Chicken

Made this for Dinner tonite...pretty tasty. We had mashed potatoes and
hubby had broccoli and I had brusselsprouts. Would hav had a salad but
lettuce was brown
* Exported from MasterCook *

Bacon Chicken

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:15
Categories : Bacon cheese
Chicken Chicken Breast

6 slices bacon
1 Tbsp. butter
1 Tbsp. olive oil
6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 onion -- chopped
3 cloves garlic -- minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 1/2 cups lowfat cheddar cheese -- shredded

Cook bacon in 12" skillet until crisp, about 4-6 minutes. Crumble bacon and
set aside. Pour bacon grease out of skillet, but don't wash or wipe it. Add
butter and olive oil to skillet. Saute chicken breasts in this mixture over
medium heat, turning once, until chicken is cooked and no longer pink in
center. Place chicken in ungreased 12x8" baking dish.

Cook onion and garlic in drippings remaining in skillet. Cook until onion is
softened, then stir in salt, pepper, and cooked bacon. Spoon over chicken
breasts and sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes
until cheese is melted. Serves 6

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 391 Calories; 12g Fat (29.3% calories
from fat); 64g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 153mg
Cholesterol; 625mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 9 Lean Meat; 1/2
Vegetable; 1 1/2 Fat.

Serving Ideas : 6

Nutr. Assoc. : 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0