Posted to rec.food.cooking
Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig Lynn from Fargo Ografmorffig is offline

Default Easter cometh (natural Easter egg dying)

On Mar 1, 3:54*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *bulka > wrote:
> > On Mar 1, 11:57 am, Arri London > wrote:

> > > Does making 'tea eggs' count? The shells need to be cracked before

> > Dammit people! *We don't eat as much here as I want to cook as it is.
> > Now I've got to make tea eggs. *Jeeze!

> <grins> Pastorio used to serve those at some of his fancier buffets. :-) *
> I've not tried making them yet.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

I made those once for a Passover seder. They had anise in the water
and vinegar other things. You broke the shells after they were hard
boiled in tea and stuff and soaked them in another "pickling" liquid.
Gorgeous - like Italian marble.
Lynn in Fargo
Used to get pale blue and green and beige chicken eggs from a farmer
friend. Wish I'd blown the shells.