Posted to rec.food.baking
Marcella Peek Marcella Peek is offline

Default problem with 2nd rise (yeast bread)

I would say that the 100 temp for rising is just too warm.

The collapse of the loaves is because the loaves are over risen.

My home is also kept at 64 degrees and I rise the bread in the oven with
the light on. That is plenty warm enough for a good rise.

Also, to have the loaves rise just over the top of the pan is fine.
When the pans are then placed in the hot oven to bake there will be some
oven spring and they should end up the perfect size.

marcella