Old 14-10-2003, 05:45 AM
Hartmut W. Kuntze

Default Making Caramel...question about using butter or not

shipwreck wrote:
I tried to make a caramel by boiling sugar and water. What I got was
just boiled sugar and water. A clear solution that never turned
brown.
=20
Then, I mixed 1/2 stick butter with the sugar with some water, and
got...caramel.
=20
However, in looking up other recipes calling for caramel, it's stated
to just boil sugar and water.
=20
Thus, my question is, can you get caramel just from boiling sugar and
water?
=20
Thanks, Gary

Of course Gary. It just has to boil all the water away and reach=20
temperature.

145 o C =3D 293 o F =3D 115 o R

--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com ,
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"