Hartmut W. Kuntze

Default Making Caramel...question about using butter or not

shipwreck wrote:
> I tried to make a caramel by boiling sugar and water. What I got was
> just boiled sugar and water. A clear solution that never turned
> brown.
>=20
> Then, I mixed 1/2 stick butter with the sugar with some water, and
> got...caramel.
>=20
> However, in looking up other recipes calling for caramel, it's stated
> to just boil sugar and water.
>=20
> Thus, my question is, can you get caramel just from boiling sugar and
> water?
>=20
> Thanks, Gary

Of course Gary. It just has to boil all the water away and reach=20
temperature.

145 o C =3D 293 o F =3D 115 o R

--=20
Sincerly,

C=3D=A6-)=A7 H. W. Hans Kuntze, CMC, S.g.K. (_o_)
http://www.cmcchef.com ,
"Don't cry because it's over, Smile because it Happened"