Posted to alt.food.diabetic
Peppermint Patootie Peppermint Patootie is offline

Default Soup with lima beans?

I have a culinary challenge.

I want to repay a coworker for doing me a work favor by making him some
homemade soup. I suggested bean soup, and he said he loved lima beans.
Can anyone suggest a soup that has lima beans as a main ingredient?

Other possible ingredients: I have a one pound package of "chili cut"
wild boar defrosting in the fridge. I also will probably be going by a
favorite Asian market tomorrow after church. They have pork neck bones
there.

So, my mind is musing on a pork and lima bean soup. I'm assuming there
will be a strong stock, probably from pork neck bones I brown in the
oven. Onions are a given. For some reason I'm seeing them as very thin
half-circles.

But what seasoning? And should there be a bit of darker green in there?
Maybe dark green leaves from bok choy? How about cilantro?

Do Asians use anything like lima beans? Right now I'm mentally tasting
an Asian pork soup flavored with coriander leaves (cilantro) and also
containing onion and lima bean.

Thought? Suggestions?

PP