Posted to rec.food.cooking
Dan Abel Dan Abel is offline

Default Protein source for breakfast other than eggs, meat, or protein powder

In article >,
bob > wrote:

> Also - Don't know if it's 100%, but I was told in a Weight Watchers
> meeting that when cereals (carbs) are combined with milk they become a
> protein.

Grains are high in protein. If you just eat one kind of grain, and no
other protein, you will develop a protein deficiency, since the protein
in one kind of grain is not complete. If you eat rice, beans and corn;
that is a complete protein. By adding milk to your cereal, that makes
the combination a complete protein, as the milk supplies what the cereal
is low in.

Note that adding milk doesn't change the cereal, so all the carbs are
still there. Also note that milk is high in carbs (sugar).

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA