Posted to aus.motorcycles,rec.food.cooking,alt.ozdebate
Toosmoky Toosmoky is offline

Default bloody cyclists

jl wrote:

> Toosmoky wrote:

> -> I'll go he. <-

> Say what ?

From http://tinyurl.com/bwj6f9

"Go he

Presented by Kel Richards

This one began with a statement by the Treasurer of the Northern
Territory Sid Spindler, who said that if a certain target wasn’t reached
then he’d “go he"...

"Go he" appears NOT to be in the Oxford, Websters, Macquarie -- or even
in the "Macquarie Dictionary of Slang" or June Factor's excellent "Kidspeak"
....This notion of “going he” provoked much discussion on ABC local radio
Darwin – and I was asked to do some research. It turns out that “go he”
is an expression that comes from children’s games. In many games (hide
and seek or piggy-in-the-middle, or chasings) there’s one child who is
“in” or “it” or “he” (depending on where you grew up) – the one who
seeks or chases. When used by adults the expression “I’ll go he” is a
statement of confidence – “I’ll go he” is an offer to do something
unwelcome or unlikely – an offer that can be made because the speaker is
so confident of what they’ve said. But, perhaps because it’s an
expression from a children’s game, “go he” has yet to appear in any
dictionary."

--
Toosmoky
Work to ride, Ride to Work...