Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Recipe: Mamie Eisenhowers Million Dollar Fudge (Another "heirloom recipe")

On Wed 25 Feb 2009 07:03:58p, Melba's Jammin' told us...

> In article 7>,
> Wayne Boatwright > wrote:
>
>> On Tue 24 Feb 2009 10:18:46p, sf told us...

>> > Maybe I should post a recipe for Eisenhower salad. It's pretty
>> > darned good if you can wrap your mind around jello salad made with
>> > mayonnaise.

>> That is pretty good, as is the fudge. I doubt either were actually
>> Mamie's own homemade recipes, but they did eminate from the White House
>> as "hers". I don't think I still have the salad recipe, so please post
>> it.

> Anything like the orange jell-o salad on my website? That has shredded
> carrots and chopped celery and a little green onion in it, with mayo on
> top.

I can't remember what all was in it, Barb, but the mayo was part of the
jelled mixture, not served on top.

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.