Posted to rec.food.cooking
Damsel in dis Dress[_6_] Damsel in dis Dress[_6_] is offline

Default Cleaning a Really, Really Burned Pan

I can barely see my monitor through the smoke. LOL!

I turned a burner on to heat water for tea a little while ago. After
a few minutes, I noticed a burned smell, but chalked it up to the oven
being on for heat.

Then the smell got very strong. Shit! I had turned the burner on
under the rice leftover from last night's dinner. Thankfully, the lid
was on the pan, because the rice was on fire.

Took the pan outside to cool, and to reduce the amount of smoke in the
house. Brought it back in, and man, is it black inside that thing!

What's the best (easiest) way to get the burn stains out of the pan?
Oven cleaner, maybe? We're dealing with stainless steel Revere Ware
with a copper bottom, if that helps.

Carol

--
Change "invalid" to JamesBond's agent number to reply.