Posted to rec.food.cooking
brooklyn1 brooklyn1 is offline

Default Slicer, But For What ???

> "Mark Thorson" ha scritto nel messaggio > It's a slicer for something,
> and
> certainly old,
> but for what?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/_W0QQitemZ400032413691
>
> If it's for pasta, the pasta would already have> to be cut into wide
> strips before using this to> cut it into narrow strips.

It appears that major portions of the device are missing; the entire cowl
and exit part... to me it looks like some sort of grain mill, perhaps a home
verion of a mill that slices steel cut oats, or separates the hull from
grain, or cracks corn, maybe removes shells from sunflower seeds.... but I
seriously doubt it has anything whatsoever to do with pasta.