Posted to rec.food.cooking
Sqwertz Sqwertz is offline

Default Limburger Spread

Chris Marksberry > wrote:

> Has anybody tried the New Amish Country Limburger Spread? Unfortunately
> it's not available where I live other than mail order.
>
> Since Kraft discontinued making limburger we do miss it, but unfortunately
> the shipping is $15.00 for something that only costs $3.59.
>
> http://www.williamscheese.com/?Home&page_id=1
>
> Can't say I expect many responses since most people don't care for
> limburger.

I was searching for Mohawk Valley Limburger Spread for years only to
find it was discontinued shortly after Kraft bought them out 6 or so
years ago.

I've been buying real limburger at Specs but it's always old and
past it's sell-by date (I get it for half price). And it's not
nearly as mellow, smooth, and creamy as Mohawk Valley.

Mohawk Valley was a pasteurized cheese spread like Limburger
Velveeta. I miss it dearly - It was THE SHIT!

-sw