Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Limburger Spread

On Mon 23 Feb 2009 02:20:30p, Chris Marksberry told us...

> "Wayne Boatwright" > wrote in message
> 5.247...
>> On Mon 23 Feb 2009 12:10:41p, Chris Marksberry told us...
>>
>>> Has anybody tried the New Amish Country Limburger Spread?
>>> Unfortunately it's not available where I live other than mail order.
>>>
>>> Since Kraft discontinued making limburger we do miss it, but
>>> unfortunately the shipping is $15.00 for something that only costs
>>> $3.59.
>>>
>>> http://www.williamscheese.com/?Home&page_id=1
>>>
>>> Can't say I expect many responses since most people don't care for
>>> limburger.
>>>
>>> Chris

>> We were very disappointed when Kraft discontinued the Mohawk Valley
>> Limburger
>> Spread and seen or tried anything else since then. I am not willing to
>> spend several times the cost of product for shipping. I can buy
>> various brands of limburger in the block, but we're not as fond of
>> that.
>>
>> --
>> Wayne Boatwright

> Wayne,
>
> My husband has emailed the company that makes New Amish Country
> Limburger Spread and also asked Kroger and HEB (sorry, primarily in
> Texas) to see if they might be willing to carry it. You might want to
> try the same thing is there is a store in your area that would be
> willing.
>
> Chris

That's a good idea, Chris. Thanks! We have two privately owned local
supermarket chains that might be willing to do that as they are very
customer oriented. Is worth asking.

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.