Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
dxt178 dxt178 is offline

Default Newest side effects of puer

On Feb 23, 2:14*pm, Alan > wrote:
> I bought a big bag of dried honeysuckles at an Asian market, thinking
> I would get a brew with the same sweet flavor I remember from my
> childhood. The reality was a more resinous, non-sweet flavor, more
> like the flavor from the green parts of the flower itself. Are there
> any naturally flavored tisanes out there with a flavor closer to the
> flavor of the fresh blossoms?
>
> Alan

I actually never had even thought to look to buy honeysuckle before
this thread. I'd imagine anything beyond fresh is going to exhibit the
qualities you mention from your experience. I'd think the only way to
get the proper flavor would be some sort of liquid form from fresh
honeysuckle. I'd imagine it would be a very thin liquid similar to
agave nectar but even thinner. I'll look into it, but I'd guess fresh
is about it or else some sort of essential oil/extract for just the
flavor in some other medium. If yourself or anyone finds anything
please post it back here, it would be interesting.

- Dominic