Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default REC: Mrs. Flora Hale's Chess Pie

On Sat 21 Feb 2009 04:31:43p, Christine Dabney told us...

> On Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:05:54 -0500, "Jean B." > wrote:
>

>>> I don't make it often, Jean, as it is extremely rich, but ultiimately
>>> delicious.
>>>

>>I don't think it would be a good recipe to convert to LC, since it is
>>so dependent on sugar. It does sound wonderful.

> Mmmmmm.....
>
> I love lemon chess pie, as made by Edna Lewis. Haven't made it in a
> bit, but I just realized I have all the ingredients here.
>
> Christine

I've made that recipe, too, Christine, and I like it very much. Although,
the recipe I posted has a long history with me, so I have a slight
preference for it. They are very different pies, each to be enjoyed on
their on merits.

--
Wayne Boatwright

"One man's meat is another man's poison"
- Oswald Dykes, English writer, 1709.