Posted to rec.food.restaurants,ba.food,alt.food.asian
tkloth tkloth is offline

Default Death to cilantro!

https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

It is genetically based. About 15% (can't remember the exact number) of the
general population has an enzyme in their mouths that makes cilantro taste
either like soap or metallic. When I inadvertently get some cilantro it
tastes like I have just bitten down on a nice aluminum pot. Very
unpleasant.

Tim K