Posted to rec.food.drink.tea
[email protected] netstuff@ix.netcom.com is offline

Default Newest side effects of puer

Ive watched the effects of gongfu puer on the sexes on a couple of
occassions now. Puer brings out the macho in guys where they could
have said things like 'that cup busted my chops' or 'that one hit rock
bottom'. I usually grunt my guy thing 'taste good to me' where I
emphasize the grunt if I really like it. The two gals are more demure
they look at each other and giggle. When they describe the taste it
has something to do with their personal lives like what perfume they
wear. So basically guys have opinions and women have feelings. We
all get tea drunk. I dont know how this happens on so little puer
from a gongfu tasting cup. Id say certainly less than 10oz but doesnt
come close to my two liters of other teas in the morning. Ive found
obscure references on puer causing inebriation contrary to being used
to sober people up. All I can think maybe small cups of shu and sheng
causes an adverse reaction.

Ive alluded to the interplay of the sexes over gongfu puer. On the
way home after the last tasting I realized this could apply to tea in
general. Im thinking a really astute guy could use tea as an
aphrodisiac instead of the cross your fingers expensive dinner date (I
know some teas are more expensive). You get to show you can do
something besides drink beer. And that you can carry on a
conversation and most important know how to use your hands.

Jim

PS The subject of tisanes came up at the last tasting. I mentioned
dried flowers and honeysuckle being my favorite. One of the guys lit
up like a Christmas tree saying that was her favorite perfume
fragrance and she was wearing it now. It doesnt do me any good but it
got me thinking about the subject on the way home.