Posted to rec.food.restaurants,ba.food,alt.food.asian
[email protected] spamtrap1888@gmail.com is offline

Default Death to cilantro!

On Feb 19, 2:14*pm, wrote:
> Cilantro is an herb that people either love or hate, and I happen to
> be one of those who hate it and thinks it tastes like soap.

To me, it tastes like soap only if it is cooked. Left raw, it is
slightly herby, like parsley.

> I ate at a very expensive Indian restaurant last night and told the
> waiter I didn't care for cilantro and requested that they hold the
> cilantro on my lamb curry.

I've never had cilantro leaves on my lamb curry. Coriander seed is one
of the more used curry spices, of course.

I bet they processed your request as "Dude wants coriander leaves on
his lamb curry. OK, he's the customer."

>*So they made sure to dump cilantro on top
> and I wasted half the curry trying to pick it out to make it edible.
> Even then, the flavor was ruined every time I bit into a stray piece
> and the vile taste overwhelmed my taste buds.
>
> The retards at McDonalds are able to hold the pickle if the customer
> requests it. *Even Mexican taquerias will hold the chiles if you say
> you like it mild. *They could even put the cilantro on the side and
> let the customer decide whether to put it in his taco or curry.
>
> Vietnamese restaurants are another big offender when it comes to
> cilantro. *I can't even stand the thought of Vietnamese food anymore
> because of it. *My guess is that cilantro is traditionally used to
> cover up the taste of spoiled meat.

Garnishes applied at the last second would be as ineffective as
putting chocolate sprinkles on a turd.