Posted to rec.food.restaurants,ba.food,alt.food.asian
JC Dill[_2_] JC Dill[_2_] is offline

Default Death to cilantro!

wrote:
> Cilantro is an herb that people either love or hate, and I happen to
> be one of those who hate it and thinks it tastes like soap.
>
> I ate at a very expensive Indian restaurant last night and told the
> waiter I didn't care for cilantro and requested that they hold the
> cilantro on my lamb curry. So they made sure to dump cilantro on top
> and I wasted half the curry trying to pick it out to make it edible.

Why didn't you send it back? Especially at a "very expensive"
restaurant, this is something you shouldn't silently suffer. If
necessary I would have asked the host/hostess if you could speak with
the manager as the server should have remembered you asked for no
cilantro and noticed that the dish was not properly prepared.

If you don't have the spine to say something when the item isn't what
you asked for, perhaps eating out isn't for you.

jc