Posted to rec.food.drink.coffee
Guy Cousineau Guy Cousineau is offline

Default Goffee storage

wrote:

>>> Cea, if one is going to grind only a pot's worth of beans at a time,
>>> does one thaw the beans first (a short time, I presume) or just put them
>> >from freezer into grinder and go?
>>> Thanks,
>>> -B

>> Hi Barb,
>>
>> Because coffee has so little moisture- it is reduced to 12% and then
>> roasted at 400 something or other, the accepted method in my world,
>> is take the beans from the freezer to the grinder, despite the
>> condensation on the outside of the bag.

> Good to know.
> Thanks!
>> Happy Holidays Barb.
>>
>> with aloha,
>> Cea

> Mele Kalikimaka, Cea. '-)

imho
Keep your beans in the freezer if you must but not necessary if you
drink as much coffee as I do :-) A pound barely lasts a week around here.
You should let cold beans warm a bit before grinding and definitely warm
before brewing. You want to be sure to release all the flavour. If the
hot water has to warm cold coffee first, it may not be able to extract
all the flavour - for espresso this is critical.