Reg

Default Bradley Smokers

Jack & Melanie wrote:

> I'm a novice and looking at getting more into BBQ and Smoking, I already
> grill and have learned alot through reading previous posts about all the
> variations such as low and slow, charcoal, electric, etc..
>
> However, I'd be interested in getting some feedback on what the group
> feels about the Bradley Smoker. It looks to me like it covers several
> bases. Any input is appreciated. Thanks!

Do some basic math. Because of the special 'biscuits' that you need to
buy, it costs a buck an hour to run. At 20 hours per week, you get to
pay over a thousand bucks a year, forever, to run it. The unit itself
costs under $500. You need to be ready for that. It makes sense to do
if you're spending $1 an hour instead of $12 an hour for an employee,
like myself, but many would choke on this recurring cost.

I use it only for cold smoking. I bought the smoke generator unit only
and modified it to extend the max smoke time from 8 hours to 24.
I'm very, very satisfied so far. Boy am I. It's an amazing cold smoke
rig.