Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Low-Iodine Diet (LID) recipe/menu ideas?

On Fri 13 Feb 2009 11:18:37p, Serene Vannoy told us...

> I have a feeling that the most annoying part of thyroid cancer won't be
> the surgeries or the doctor visits (as annoying as those are), but the
> Radioactive Iodine (RAI) treatments and the attendant Low Iodine Diet
> (LID). I have to do the LID for 2-4 weeks, depending, with no
> exceptions, not even one. Also, I'll be off my meds for that two weeks,
> so I won't have much energy for cooking, so I have to make and buy lots
> of stuff ahead of time.

Serene, I fear that you may have KF'd me again, but all the same, I want to
wish you the very best with your upcoming surgery and RAI treatment. From
what I understand from a co-worker who went through this procedure last
year, that the success rate is extremely high.

You already seem to know far more about what foods are acceptable than
those I could imagine, but that's no surprise because you're a great
researcher. I doubt I could offer much beyond what you've already
discovered.

May wellness and strength be yours...

Sincerely,

--
Wayne Boatwright
e-mail to wayneboatwright at gmail dot com
Date: Sunday, 02(II)/15(XV)/09(MMIX)
Countdown till President's Day
3mins
One who has both feet on the ground is not moving forward.