Posted to rec.food.cooking
Omelet[_7_] Omelet[_7_] is offline

Default Cranberry juice sucks!

In article
Bobo Bonobo® > wrote:

> On Feb 14, 11:42*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> > In article >,
> >
> > *notbob > wrote:
> > > Yep. *It's official. *I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with,
> > > no
> > > matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the cran-juice......

> > > It sucks!

> > > My fave juices.... blackberry, Pomegranite, black cherry, etc.... *Once
> > > Ocean Spray gets hold of 'em, may as well use that combo-juice to hose
> > > out
> > > camel stables. *Even booze don't help. *Vodka, rum, whiskey. *Enough to
> > > make
> > > a wino go on the wagon. *

> > > Hear me, oh mighty Some-kinda Spray. *As far as I'm concerned, it will
> > > always be bog wiz. *

> > > nb

> > I love cranberry juice straight up. :-)
> > I often dilute it tho' just to save money.
> >
> > My #1 favorite drink is a cranberry juice margarita:
> >
> > Juice from one small lime (or two key limes)
> > 2 shots tequila
> > 1 shot triple sec
> > 10 to 12 oz. cranberry juice
> >
> > Yum! ;-d

> I think it's worth the extra cost to use Cointreau instead of triple
> sec. Or Grand Marnier.

Is it really better? I've been too cheap to try a comparison.

> Nothing like fresh lime though.

Absolutely.

> It astounds me the crap they pass of
> as margarita at many Amerimex restaurants, and the swine not only
> happily suck it down, but vote for it as "best margarita" in polls.
> Many contain zero lime juice.

<lol> I won't argue with you there. Fortunately, "Grins" restaurant
makes their "top drawer" margarita with the real stuff. I've watched
them do the mix.

I rarely drink "out" tho'. I mostly drink at home.

--
Peace! Om

I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama