Posted to rec.food.cooking
Bobo Bonobo® Bobo Bonobo® is offline

Default Cranberry juice sucks!

On Feb 14, 11:42*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article >,
>
> *notbob > wrote:
> > Yep. *It's official. *I don't care what the Hell juice they mix it with, no
> > matter how much I may love that juice, once they add the cran-juice.......

> > It sucks!

> > My fave juices.... blackberry, Pomegranite, black cherry, etc.... *Once
> > Ocean Spray gets hold of 'em, may as well use that combo-juice to hose out
> > camel stables. *Even booze don't help. *Vodka, rum, whiskey. *Enough to make
> > a wino go on the wagon. *

> > Hear me, oh mighty Some-kinda Spray. *As far as I'm concerned, it will
> > always be bog wiz. *

> > nb

> I love cranberry juice straight up. :-)
> I often dilute it tho' just to save money.
>
> My #1 favorite drink is a cranberry juice margarita:
>
> Juice from one small lime (or two key limes)
> 2 shots tequila
> 1 shot triple sec
> 10 to 12 oz. cranberry juice
>
> Yum! ;-d

I think it's worth the extra cost to use Cointreau instead of triple
sec. Or Grand Marnier.
Nothing like fresh lime though. It astounds me the crap they pass of
as margarita at many Amerimex restaurants, and the swine not only
happily suck it down, but vote for it as "best margarita" in polls.
Many contain zero lime juice.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> I find hope in the darkest of days, and focus in the brightest. I do not judge the universe. -- Dalai Lama

--Bryan