Posted to rec.food.cooking
Rhonda Anderson[_1_] Rhonda Anderson[_1_] is offline

Default Can you use baking soda instead of baking powder?

Kajikit > wrote in
:

> Now why do they call it BAKING soda if it's not actually used for
> baking? What IS it useful for aside from scrubbing the grunge off
> stoves and sinks? I used to clean the stove with it but the new stove
> is glass and I switched to a special stovetop cleaner that works
> wonders.

But it is used for baking. Being an Aussie you might know it better as
bicarb soda. If you've ever made Anzacs you've used it.
--
Rhonda Anderson
Cranebrook, NSW, Australia

Core of my heart, my country! Land of the rainbow gold,
For flood and fire and famine she pays us back threefold.
My Country, Dorothea MacKellar, 1904