Posted to rec.food.cooking
tintalle[_2_] tintalle[_2_] is offline

Default Cranberry juice sucks!

On Feb 15, 1:48*am, "Nancy Young" > wrote:
> Dave Smith wrote:
> > IMO, it sucks when it is miced with other juices. Personally, I liek
> > cranberry cocktail I have tried straight cranberry juice. It is potent
> > stuff, not for the faint of heart.

> Where'd you get that? *I was happy to see it in stores but
> I was disappointed to see it was mixed with grape juice.
> Didn't like it. *I know it's got a lot of sugar, but I do like
> cranberry juice cocktail.
>
> Still, I'd be interested to try plain cranberry juice. *Is it the
> usual answer, health food store?
>
> nancy

Around here the regular bigger grocery stores carry plain, unsweetened
cranberry concentrate in 1 liter glass bottles. Wow, it is strong
stuff! I find regular cranberry cocktails to be just way too sweet,
but i was surprised how much sweetener i had to add to this stuff to
make it drinkable. It does make an awesome refreshing addition to
gingerale though. It's a bit pricey, so i only buy it once in a
while, but it's nice to be able to control the amount of sugar or
other sweeteners.