Posted to rec.food.cooking
notbob notbob is offline

Default menudo

On 2009-02-13, SteveB > wrote:
> I have never tasted menudo. I know some people who think it's the best
> thing since marshmallows. I can only think of a couple of things I won't
> eat, but I can't get myself to try it. Is it as slimy as it looks? What is
> the flavor like?

Look for a brand of canned soup called Juanita's.

http://www.juanitasfoods.com/consumer/en/home_en.html

It's not only a good example of menudo, it's the best canned soup on the
market. Most large supermarkets carry it. If you're not a fan of tripe,
try the pozole, which is all pork with no tripe. It's so good, it's an
acute embarrassment to all the other soup companies. Even better than my
Mexican step-mom's homemade. No kidding.

nb