Posted to rec.food.cooking
Jean B.[_1_] Jean B.[_1_] is offline

Default menudo

Omelet wrote:
> In article >,
> "SteveB" > wrote:
>
>> I have never tasted menudo. I know some people who think it's the best
>> thing since marshmallows. I can only think of a couple of things I won't
>> eat, but I can't get myself to try it. Is it as slimy as it looks? What is
>> the flavor like?
>>
>> Steve

> It's quite good actually...

I just went to a shabu-shabu restaurant--my first time, having
avoided them in Japan (thinking if I wanted to cook, I'd do it at
home--which, for some strange reason didn't extend to the
do-it-yourself Korean grill places). One of my selections was
tripe, which would seem to indicate I like it. My broth
selection, tom yum, actually counteracted the tripe's flavor, for
better or for worse. I like it the taste (if I am in the mood for
that), but it is obviously a texture thing too.

--
Jean B.