Posted to rec.food.cooking
Andy[_15_] Andy[_15_] is offline

Default To all you smokers.......

merryb said...

>> > Andy > wrote :

>> I don't smoke anymore. Five years this September 1st.
>>
>> Best,

> Good for you! Not an easy habit to quit, but worth it. Did you gain
> weight like I did? I asked a dr about that, and he told me your
> metabolism slows about 19% when you quit...

merryb,

I did put on some poundage. NO THANKS TO R.F.C!!! <VBG>

I quit cold turkey (which I DO like with mayo on a roll!).

I quit purely for financial reasons. When the price of cigs reached
$4.00/pack I just decided I'm not gonna pay the tobacco company that much
to kill myself!

As you know we both enjoy the side-benefit of a better sense of taste AND
smell.

Best,

Andy