Posted to alt.food.wine
Zeppo[_1_] Zeppo[_1_] is offline

Default Wines with bunny (Burg, Loire, Prosecco)

"DaleW" > wrote in message
On Feb 9, 4:57?pm, "Zeppo" > wrote:
> "DaleW" > wrote in message

> Last night some friends had invited me over for a bunny dinner, since
> there was a rabbit in mustard sauce recipe in last Wed's NYT. I
> carried over some open wines from night before as well as a Burg. The
> fresh wines we tried:
>
> Hi Dale,
> I saved this recipe when I saw it in the times. How was it? Would you do
> anything differently from the recipe as presented?
>
> Regards,
> Jon

I thought it was a good example, though it wouldn't have bothered me
to have left in the creme fraiche as in Boulud's orginal. I love
recipes with mustard - mustard can be a wine killer, but with braising
or other long cooking methods it is an accent without acridity. Ron
did 2 rabbits, and served over pappardelle. He felt it could have been
a little more sauce, but I thought fine.

Thanks. Off to find some hare.

Jon