Posted to alt.food.wine
DaleW DaleW is offline

Default TN: Wines with bunny (Burg, Loire, Prosecco)

Last night some friends had invited me over for a bunny dinner, since
there was a rabbit in mustard sauce recipe in last Wed's NYT. I
carried over some open wines from night before as well as a Burg. The
fresh wines we tried:

NV Riondo "Pink" Prosecco
Crisp, just a touch off-dry, strawberries, not much on finish, but
pleasant enough bubbles. B/B-

2007 Clos de la Fine Muscadet Cotes de Grandlieu
Limes and saline, a bit thin, but decent flavors. B-

2002 Geantet-Pansiot "Champs Perdrix " Marsannay
This is drinking well now, and goes with with the lapin a la moutarde.
Black cherries and raspberries, just a whisper of cocoa, ripe fruit
but with a good backbone of acidity. Probably would fall on modern end
of spectrum, but not overdone or over the top. I really quite enjoy
(as do others) B++

Fun night with friends.

*